Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lord of the Boring Online: Shadows of Dullness


Okay, I am a fan of Lord of the Rings, yes I am a geek. Anyway, my friend sent me a buddy key for this online game called Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar. It's a 10-day trial for anyone who wants to give this game a go. Well, I finally tried it a few days ago and I thought it was boring! It was like any other average MMO, nothing really special. To be honest, after playing for about an hour, I got bored. All you do is pick up quests, go kill monsters, return to receive your reward. It's like a rinse and repeat process...

From my understanding, LOTRO(Lord of the Rings Online) is a game that focuses on the PvE(player versus environment) aspect. Boring. Where's the PvP(player versus player)? I mean, a MMO without PvP? This is unheard of. Well, may be not but I mean come on. Where's the challenge and excitement? I know this game has something called MPvP(monster play versus player) or whatever it's abbreviated. Boring.

But I guess one thing good about this game is the upcoming huge update Shores of Evendim. You can read all about it on the link below. This will make fellow LOTROers happy! This game isn't for me.

Shores of Evendim

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on Lord of the Boring Online: Shadows of Dullness.

No comments: